Hawaii Divorce Law
Full-service family law firm in Honolulu
The dissolution of your marriage is an emotional and stressful event. Attorney Kevin Kimura helps ease the legal strain of divorce so you can concentrate on
the health and well-being of your family.
With 17 years of experience in family law matters, we take your individual needs into account as we seek the best possible results for you regarding:
- Child custody and visitation rights
- Child support
- Distribution of personal property, bank accounts, stocks and other assets
- Division of retirement accounts and benefits
- Provision of medical and dental insurance coverage for children and / or spouse
- Provision of life insurance benefits for children and / or spouse
- Allocation of private school tuition and post high school educational expenses.
- Division of marital debts
- Sale or possession of the marital home
- Spousal support and temporary support
- Allocation of tax refunds and tax dependencies
- Name change for spouse
- Military related matters such as early return of dependents (ERD) and ID / agent cards
- Assessment of attorney’s fees and costs
- Provision of Demand Notas
Family law mediator who encourages cooperation
Mediation gives you and your spouse the opportunity to negotiate a divorce settlement in a more amicable setting by working with a facilitator. The mediation process fosters cooperation between partners and produces less stress and hostility than is usually associated with litigation. Mediation often reduces the time and costs of divorce, and puts the decisions in your hands. We can help you obtain the most equitable divorce settlement, fair child support agreement and healthy child custody arrangement.
Family law litigator by your side
Sometimes litigation is necessary to resolve your family’s disputes. Having a strong litigator by your side can alleviate the uncertainty and stress of the arduous litigation process and help you obtain the most favorable trial outcome. Through use of effective trial strategies and dynamic courtroom presence, we successfully represent clients throughout the adversarial litigation process.
Contact a family law attorney you can trust
Call Kevin Kimura at 877.921.8627 to schedule an initial free legal consultation or contact us online.